Columbia, MD—Today, BTS™ Corporation and Radisys Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS) held a live demonstration of their interoperable products – CoreTx™ and Trillium® small cell software – at BTS Network Solutions’ headquarters in Columbia, MD. The CoreTx solution and Trillium software deliver commercial grade 4G LTE technologies in harsh operating environments, enabling their customers to develop and rapidly deploy end-to-end 4G LTE cellular networks.
With a 3G cellular solution already deployed in Afghanistan, BTS has established itself as a leading provider of small form factor, ruggedized and rapidly deployable cellular technology. Its next generation CoreTx solution is poised to provide the fastest and most cost-effective deployable 4G cellular network to date.
Running with BTS invented Praefectus™ – now a government owned product – the CoreTx Evolved Packet System, Radisys’ Trillium LTE core network software and ruggedized COM Express modules, BTS demonstrated the following cutting-edge CoreTx capabilities on Wednesday:
• LTE small cell 4G technology (approx. 4lb.)
• Next generation HSPA+
• Advanced Self Organizing Network (SON)
• Spectrum survey, jammer avoidance and frequency de-confliction
• Dynamic core network optimized for highly mobile scenarios
• Software defined radio with dramatically reduced size, weight and power
• Intelligent routing to enable mobility and 3GPP standardized communication
• Real time cellular management utilizing government owned Praefectus mission management software
“Since the company’s formation, BTS has been dedicated to providing the smallest form factor, rapidly deployable self-organizing cellular network and we are proud to introduce CoreTx,” said Alex Watson, BTS Chief Technology Officer. “CoreTx not only provides cellular service in areas that need it most, but delivers both 4G HSPA+ and LTE capabilities, allowing our customers to continue to leverage their 3G investments and to utilize the most advanced cellular technology currently on the market.”
Radisys is the only company that can supply Trillium ® small cell software, Trillium 3G and LTE core network software and platforms, ruggedized COM Express modules and professional services to enable the fastest deployment.
• Radisys technology is based on 3GPP standards, which offers interoperability of battlefield cellular networks and support for commercially available mobile handsets based on Android, etc.
• Radisys Trillium solutions offer flexible architecture, which enables complete self-contained collapsed 3G core network elements such as SGSN, GGSN, MSC, HLR/VLR and more.
• Radisys COM Express modules are compact, ruggedized, and rated for extended temperature operation, which makes them ideal for battlefield deployments.
For more information on Radisys technologies and services, visit www.radisys.com.
“Battlefield cellular networks require all-inclusive solutions that must meet the stringent requirements of aerospace and defense suppliers,” said Todd Mersch, director of Trillium software and solutions business unit, Radisys. “These collapsed cellular networks require flexible architectures for wider deployments, standards compliance for interoperability with other cellular networks and support for commercially available mobile handsets. Radisys’ end-to-end embedded wireless infrastructure solutions meet these requirements.”
Radisys®, Continuous Computing® and Trillium® are registered trademarks of Radisys.
BTS™, CoreTx™ and Praefectus™ are trademarks of BTS, LLC.